A weekly series that explores a featured theme by pairing classic quotations with urgent images. What recent news items inspired these textual/visual sets? Leave your guesses in the comments, and check back next Wednesday for the answers.
“Confronted by evil, comedy feels no need to punish or correct. It answers with corrosive laughter.”
“Vengeance is mine; I will repay.”
“All morons hate it when you call them a moron.”
-Salinger (from The Catcher in the Rye)
“That’s not writing, that’s typing.”
“Immediately, I’m scanning for anything that might be not just Murman-level Uncomebackable, but Pharaoh Uncomebackable, something so Pharaoh Uncomebackable that Necro will never leave his house again.”
-Bill Peters (from Maverick Jetpants in the City of Quality)
Do you see the connections? Write your guesses in the comments — and feel free to leave your own "uncomebackable" quotes — and check in next Wednesday to find the headlines that inspired these pairings.
Images: news.yahoo.com Newser, vice.com, abcnews.go.com, eonline
Answers to last week's installment:
- "11 Best Remixes of the Botched Ecce Homo Painting" (jest.com)
- "Man Who Shipped Himself in a Box to His Girlfriend Nearly Suffocates After Getting Lost in the Mail" (Gawker)
- "6 Memorable Letters from Neil Armstrong" (mental_floss)
- "A Pop Queen Flaunts Her Toned Maturity" (NYTimes)
- "Facebook New Campus | Frank Gehry" (arch20)