A weekly series that explores a featured theme by pairing classic quotations with urgent images. What recent news items inspired these textual/visual sets? Leave your guesses in the comments, and check back next Wednesday for the answers.
"You’d be surprised how expensive it costs to look this cheap."
"Two different faces, but in tight places
We think and we act as one"
“Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of man at twice its natural size.”
"Even the president of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked."
See the connections? Write your guesses in the comments — and feel free to leave your own "pants" quotes — and check in next Wednesday to find the headlines that inspired these pairings.
Images: New York Daily News, Vulture, New York, CNN, Politico
Answers to last week's installment:
- "He’s Back All Right, Now With a Memoir" (New York Times)
- "The Most Ridiculous Shoes You Will Ever See" (Jezebel)
- "RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race...returning October 22nd" (LogoTV)
- "BMX biker flies off bike in canyon jump" (CBS News)
- "Greece Protest Photos: Naked Protesters, Swastikas And Hitler Homages Mark Merkel's Visit" (Huffington Post)