A weekly series that explores a featured theme by pairing classic quotations with urgent images. What recent news items inspired these textual/visual sets? Leave your guesses in the comments, and check back next Wednesday for the answers.
“You should never wear your best trousers when you go out to fight for freedom and truth.”
“A person who publishes a book willfully appears before the populace with his pants down.”
—Edna St. Vincent Millay
“I like being a woman, even in a man's world. After all, men can't wear dresses, but we can wear the pants.”
“Sex stops when you pull up your pants,
Love never lets you go.”
“I grow old...I grow old...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.”
See the connections? Write your guesses in the comments — and feel free to leave your own "pants" quotes — and check in next Wednesday to find the headlines that inspired these pairings.
Images: ABC News, India Times, MTV.com, yourtango.com, New York Times
Answers to last week's installment:
- "We can no longer say the replacement referees didn't directly impact the result of a game" (faniq.com)
- "Iran’s President Spreads the Outrage in New York" (New York Times)
- "App offers peek into Einstein's brain" (sfgate.com)
- "The Sin of Sowing Hatred of Islam" (New York Times; image:atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- "New Caledonian crows reason about hidden causal agents" (pnas.org; image: pbs.org)